12 Sep, 2012
The CHASE Fund will administer and manage the allocations to satisfy the following objectives:
- Health screening of children in early childhood institutions
- Building, upgrading and equipping of early childhood resource centres (including furniture and learning materials)
- Support for development/manufacture of early childhood materials to enhance the cognitive development of children.
- Improvement of the nutritional status of pupils in Basic and Infant schools; or Infant schools and Infant departments within Primary and All Age schools.
- Support the early childhood training programmes both pre service and in-service.
- Provision of scholarships for specialists training in Early Childhood Education
- Support for local and regional Early Childhood conferences and public education activities.
- Institutional strengthening of the National Early Childhood Programme
- Special provisions to extend resource centre facilities in communities which cannot access parish based centre facilities.
- Assist communities and charitable and non-profit organizations in providing out-of-school-hours child care.
- Expand the use of radio and televisions programmes to enrich and support the curriculum.
- Support research for the development of early Childhood Education Programmes.