12 Sep, 2012
The CHASE Fund will administer and manage the allocations to satisfy the following objectives:
- Implementation of programmes for the development of healthy lifestyles in Jamaica; and to assist and promote with grants or otherwise the development and improvement of health facilities in Jamaica.
- Building, upgrading, restoring and equipping health facilities, children’s homes, palliative and drug rehabilitation centres, AIDS hospices and shelters for the homeless.
- Training of personnel to administer and operate health facilities, children’s homes, palliative and drug rehabilitation centres, AIDS hospices and shelters for the homeless.
- Upgrading of health care facilities and provision of additional services for the delivery of Health care to the mentally challenge.
- Collaboration with the private sector in the delivery of health care.
- Assisting in the development of programmes to facilitate the design of plans and strategies for the prevention of drug abuse among children.
- Supporting programmes designed for community involvement so as to bring about a decrease in the incidence of drug abuse and its adverse effect on the community.
- Development and implementation of programmes for cancer prevention, detection, treatment and care.